Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Waking Life/Eternal S.o.S.M?

What did you get out of Waking Life and Eternal S.o.S.M?
I though some of the things in Waking LIfe were really introspective. I never would have thought of that and I think the connections people made between life and dreams were really amazing. Some (stories) I thought were really unimportant and some of them I didn't really understand. I also thought that Rotoscope thing was really cool and I enjoyed the things that the artists added. I didn't get the part in the beggining with the little girl and the dream catcher and the boy. Now that I think of it now though, those things are called dreamcatchers I belive so maybe that is the connection. Anyways it didn't really make any sense to me. My favorite story was probably the one with Ethan Hawk and Julie Delpy. I liked what they said, I thought it was the most interesting. The thought that your whole waking life could just be the six minutes of dreaming after you die is amazing and incredibly just weird to think about. I really want to watch it again so I can listen to what they say again. But like what Virginia said those peoples lives must be really boring. To talk about all that stuff for your whole life, but maybe they don't do that. Oh well. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was really really good too. I thought Waking Life was more interesting in the aspect of being a really different movie, but the story line was really well written and interesting. It was really confusing at times though. At the end it made more sense though. I really liked Kate Winslet's hair. She made me want to dye my hair orange. I'll probably do it when I turn 20. I seriously deliberated it. The acting in E.S.o.S.M was really good. It was good to see Jim Carrey in something seriousto show his talent. Elijah Wood really annoyed me in this movie. God he was so clingy and ugly and annoying. I like it when stories end up unfolding like that in the end like in Crash. Both of the movies were really good and well directed though