Sunday, March 04, 2007

PJ-Suicide, for love lost and only fair time?

I think Romeo and Juliet react to everything irrationally, and I think that they are very very stupid. I am kind of annoyed by how stupid they are really, I mean they didn't have to go off and kill themselves because they thought they were in love. You can't possibly even be in love after one day anyways it just doesn't work. I mean they like meet, and look at each other and are totally smitten by each other's appearances, but SO WHAT. Then they like make out or whatever and are totally sure that what they have is love, when it's really lust. When Romeo kills Tybalt and is banished from Verona they have so many options. Come to think of it, they have so many other options throughout the whole play. Like not deciding to get married after one day, or not killing your new wife's cousin (even though he killed Romeo's best friend), there are more i just cant think of them... Anyways Juliet could have just run away with Romeo to Verona, I mean if she was willing to sacrafice her life for him, then she could have lived in poverty with him for the rest of her life. That is better than being dead. Things were down hill from basically the beggining, you know that they are going to die, which kind of ruins it. When people usually think of Romeo and Juliet, they think of the romantic love story, about the two lovers who die for each other. When you really read it though it is so annoying because they keep on screwing things up and being really dumb. They are blinded by the "love" I guess. I mean the story is fun to read, and figure out what Shakespeare is actually saying with all that olden speak, but the story is so utterly frustrating. I think I will end on that.